The Lustre filesystem (
/lustre/groups) on Colonial One is scratch storage only and is not for archiving purposes. As such it is subject to a periodic “purge” policy in order to ensure sufficient space remains available for ongoing cluster use. To accomplish this, larger older files will be periodically and automatically removed from the Lustre filesystem. Do not expect data to be retained: please move any data you want to preserve to either your home directory, group directory or an external storage service.
- An email notice will be sent out to the Colonial One Users list at least one week in advance of each pending purge cycle.
- Names and information of files subject to purge will be placed in
- On the first of the month (or the proceeding business day if the first falls on a weekend) purgeable data as listed in
/lustre/lustre-purgewill be permanently removed.
- Files that have not been accessed in 30 days (as tracked by the filesystem’s ‘atime’ flag).
- The Lustre partition fills up.
Users found attempting to circumvent this by artificially changing ‘atime’ values or by other means are subject to account suspension and file deletion.